The Project Management Department provides the following services:
Newbuilding & Conversion Management
Since the establishment in 2008 the Company has successfully conducted a number of Newbuild projects. All specialists engaged by the Company are professionals with specific training and experience from delivery of various projects in various countries of the world.
Thus, the services provided by the Company to its customers are always top class and include:
- A wide selection of shipyards which have been individually inspected and are continuously monitored
- Appraisal of ship-building specification and makers lists
- Plan Approval
- Supervision of all model tests
- Creative approach to problem solving to overcome any issues arising
- Supervision during construction at the shipyard or at sub-contractors premises
- Attendance and evaluation of shop tests, dock and sea trials
- Follow up of Class and Flag state matters
- Storing up and preparation for sea service
- Management of warranty periods including final settlement.
Continuous Performance Improvement
In accordance with the Company’s permanent focus on vessel efficiency increases, the Project Management Department is running a Continuous Performance Improvement Program which is based on the following principle: “from Optimization through Modernization to Innovation”. This approach is applied to all areas of the Company’s operation, both on the income and expenditure sides. We identify performance improvement projects and prioritize their execution in accordance with the agile project management principles. Therefore, projects with higher “estimated outcome / required resources” ratio always come first. Some examples of practical implementation of the projects conducted by the Company look as follows:
- Speed & Fuel Consumption Optimization – permanent monitoring and adjustment of vessel speed and consumption to the optimal ratio in accordance with the changing fuel prices and freight rates.
- Installation of propeller nozzle
- Trimming of propeller
- Application of A60 insulation on cargo bulkheads
- Installation of electronically controlled lubrication system on M/E
- Installation of pump electric motor frequency regulator device
- and many more …
Whenever a new project is being initiated, whether it’s a smaller-scale enterprise or a large-scale solution and whether it relates to implementation of a new mandatory regulation or to performance improvement of existing processes, we provide a comprehensive care package to assure that the project will be brought to realization in the most efficient way. Our project engineering services include:
- Technical and financial feasibility studies
- Cost modelling and benchmarking
- Contract administration
- Design review and Plan Approval
- Supervision during installation and commissioning
- Follow up on the project in operation.